This is a personal favorite because it has all the components of a good party dish :)
1. It is EASY to make and does not make you stand in the kitchen the whole day before the party
2. No multiple complex steps
3. No hard-to-find ingredients and measurements!!
Made this recently for a group of friends and believe me the compliments were endless. If you love chocolate and desserts, you must try it too!
What you need to make 6 generous helpings:
- Marie Biscuits - 1 packet of 200gms
- Normal Butter - 100 gms
- Cocoa powder - 3 tablespoons (don't worry if you put in a little more :))
- Milk - 1 and 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cornflour - 2 tablespoons
- Rum/ liqueur/ vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon or if you like strong flavors then 1 cap full of the bottle
- A few chocolate chips/ chocolate shavings
- If the butter comes from the fridge, microwave/ heat it a little to soften it.
- Crush the Marie biscuits - I used the mixer/ grinder for doing this very fast
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the butter to a sandy, soft, consistency - keep this aside
- In any utensil, boil together the milk, sugar, cornflour, and cocoa powder. Keep stirring to avoid lumps. The sauce will become smooth. Keep aside to cool. Once cooled, add the rum/ liqueur/ vanilla essence.
- Take 6 wine glasses/ or shot glasses if you have big ones. In each glass, put a base layer of the biscuit-butter mix. Press this down with a spoon. on top of this layer, add a layer of the chocolate sauce. Repeat the biscuit-mix and the sauce layer in each glass.
- Make sure the top-layer is the biscuit-butter mix.
- Top this off with some chocolate chips or chocolate shavings.
- Put the glasses in the fridge (not freezer) to cool and set for about 3-4 hours
- Serve chilled and enjoy the compliments!!!!!!
I do hope you find this useful! Try it and let me know if it works!!